Friday, August 24, 2007

CAP Unit in Ap Phu Son













I was assigned to CAP Unit 218 for three months of my tour. CAP stands for Combined Action Program. One squad of Marines (14 men) along with one Navy Corpman and a Platoon (about 54 men ) of ARVN (Army of Republic of Vietnam) lived in Ap Phu Son and provided security. I had e-mailed Thahn the old picture of Joe Hamilton standing under the name of the village. Joe and I had no idea where the village was, but Thanh found it. At one time Ap Phu Son was divided into 4 hamlets. Phu Son 1,2,3 & 4. They are now named Hoa Ichuong. I am standing under the entrance to the meeting hall for Phu Son 1. It felt very strange walking around the village.

1 comment:

dinkiedow said...

hello dave,i was in 2nd cag mar31-aug30,68.i don't rember which unit i was with,but my bridge was blown up.mybe you have answers?